Solar Power Facts to Brighten your Day
Although the sun has been around for billions of years, solar power has only been in use since the 1830s. This was when the photovoltaic effect (the exposure to light which creates voltage/electric current) was discovered. Since then, many facts about solar power have been learned. Here are 12 solar power facts that you may not know about that we personally think are worth knowing!
- Solar energy is one of the most sustainable and cleanest renewable resources in the world.
- In 2016, there was a solar panel installation every 84 seconds – that’s a 95% increase from 2015!
- Solar panels produce the most energy through direct sunlight. With that being said, the panels are still able to produce energy even with indirect sunlight, so your property will stay powered even on a cloudy day.
- The biggest city to operate on 100% renewable energy is Las Vegas.
- Solar energy is able to power everything fossil fuels can power – from air conditioning to water heaters, we got you covered.
- Solar power is very affordable and you can either own your system or lease to own a system – we offer both!
- The average Texan can save upwards up $25,000 over the lifetime of their solar panels. This average is based on a twenty year solar panel manufacturers warranty, but the panels we use are warrantied for 25 years!
- It takes sunlight 8 minutes to reach Earth and only a few added seconds to reach your panels.
- The sun’s energy that hits our planet in 1 minute is enough to power the world through solar energy for an entire year!
- In order to meet climate change goals, solar power expansion is necessary.
- Solar panels can provide power 24/7 (yes, even at night when paired with solar batteries).
- Texas ranks 9th in solar states, California checks in at number 1.
Solar power is a never ending and exciting alternative use of energy that our planet has an abundance of. Feel free to contact us if you’d like to know more about the future we can provide for your homes and businesses.
(O) 1(855) 60-1SOLAR (601-7652)